News
News Archive

June 8, 2016 — The Loyola House Jesuit community at the University of San Francisco has made a $3.35 million gift to the school to advance the work of Jesuits in the university’s educational mission.

Read more

June 7, 2016 — Fr. McCarthy, who has devoted decades to ecological research, now has a species of lichen named after himself.

Read more

June 1, 2016 — As the one-year anniversary of Laudato Si' approaches, there’s been progress on Pope Francis’ call to action on climate change as a moral imperative, and yet, much more to do.

Read more

May 31, 2016 — Harvard’s Graduate School of Arts and Sciences has awarded Jesuit Father John O’Malley its Centennial Medal, the school’s highest honor.

Read more

May 20, 2016 — Fr. Jeffrey Puthoff, SJ, will become St. John's Jesuit High School & Academy's 11th president.

Read more

May 11, 2016 — Three prominent Jesuits are among the crop of commencement speakers addressing newly minted grads at Jesuit colleges and universities in the U.S.

Read more

May 9, 2016 — Fr. Garanzini was given the Ignatian Solidarity Network's Robert M. Holstein Faith Doing Justice Award.

Read more

May 6, 2016 — Jesuit Father Greg Boyle, founder of Homeboy Industries, has received the 2016 Humanitarian of the Year award from the James Beard Foundation.

Read more

April 30, 2016 — Jesuit Father Daniel Berrigan, a peace activist and writer, died on April 30 in New York City at age 94.

Read more

April 26, 2016 — Fr. Gonçalves will succeed Fr. François-Xavier Dumortier, SJ, on Sept. 1, 2016.

Read more

1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526272829
Publications
Since St. Ignatius bought a printing press in 1556, the Jesuits have been involved in communications. Today the Society of Jesus publishes a number of award-winning journals and publications. Click below to access our latest issues.

America - 6/20/16

America - 6/6/16

America - 5/23/16




National Jesuit News Show all news
Search news



Eastern Point Retreat House
Eastern Point Retreat House, a grand house located on the Atlantic shore in Gloucester, Mass., has been welcoming retreatants since 1958.