News
News Archive

December 14, 2015 — Fr. Arrupe founded Jesuit Refugee Service 35 years ago. Today, JRS has 1,700 employees serving in 45 countries.

Read more

December 14, 2015 — Fr. Ted Munz, SJ, will succeed Fr. Karl Kiser, SJ.

Read more

December 10, 2015 — Today marks 10 years since the crash of Sosoliso Airlines Flight 1145.

Read more

December 8, 2015 — Today Pope Francis marked the start of the Extraordinary Jubilee of Mercy, when the church will focus on forgiveness and healing in a special way.

Read more

December 7, 2015 — Gregg Mojica, a student at Canisius High School in Buffalo, New York, became interested in computer code when he was 12.

Read more

December 3, 2015 — Jesuit scholastic Dan Dixon shares the story of his 2013 pilgrimage to Mexico, which he embarked on with a one-way bus ticket and $30 to cover his travel expenses.

Read more

December 3, 2015 — Today marks the 200th anniversary of the death of John Carroll, the first Catholic bishop of the United States.

Read more

December 2, 2015 — Anna Kurzweil, a public school teacher who wrote her own will and trust, left nearly $2 million to the Society of Jesus.

Read more

November 30, 2015 — On Nov. 27, Pope Francis visited the Jesuit-run St. Joseph the Worker Church in a Nairobi slum during his six-day visit to Africa.

Read more

November 27, 2015 — Canadian Jesuit Father Roland Turenne recalls being missioned to lead Jesuit Refugee Service in Ethiopia during the 1984 famine.

Read more

123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627282930313233343536373839404142434445464748495051525354555657585960616263646566676869707172737475767778798081828384
Publications
Since St. Ignatius bought a printing press in 1556, the Jesuits have been involved in communications. Today the Society of Jesus publishes a number of award-winning journals and publications. Click below to access our latest issues.

America 10/2/17

America 9/18/17

America 9/04/17




National Jesuit News
Search news



Eastern Point Retreat House
Eastern Point Retreat House, a grand house located on the Atlantic shore in Gloucester, Mass., has been welcoming retreatants since 1958.