March 21, 2013 — In the four months since Super Typhoon Haiyan devastated the central region of the Philippines, the Jesuit-run SLB has been dedicated to relief efforts.
March 17, 2014 — Jesuit Father John O’Malley helped commemorate the 200th anniversary of the restoration of the Society at a Georgetown University event.
March 14, 2014 — Father Thomas H. Smolich, SJ, president of the U.S. Jesuit Conference, recently spoke out against U.S. deportation practices in an op-ed for the The Hill.
March 12, 2014 — The editors of The Jesuit Post website have released their first book, “The Jesuit Post: #Faith #God #Frontiers #Culture #Mystery #Love,” available now.
March 10, 2014 — Jesuit Father James Martin invites believers and seekers to experience Jesus through Scripture, prayer and travel in his new book “Jesus: A Pilgrimage.”
March 7, 2014 — Meet Jesuit Brother Patrick Douglas, a powerlifter, former DJ and vocation promoter for the Society of Jesus.
March 7, 2014 — Jesuit Father Raymond Fitzgerald, president of Jesuit High School of New Orleans, reflects on his years as a Jesuit in light of his Lou Gehrig’s disease diagnosis.
March 4, 2014 — In 2013, 22 men were called to final vows in the Society of Jesus in the United States, the final step in their formation as Jesuits.
March 3, 2014 — Jesuit Father Trung Pham, an artist and assistant professor at Seattle University, hopes to show others that contemporary and abstract art can be deeply spiritual.
February 24, 2014 — Jesuit Father William Oulvey honors his father’s World War II service by building a detailed bass wood replica of one of the liberty ships his father served on.
Read more 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
Since St. Ignatius bought a printing press in 1556, the Jesuits have been involved in communications. Today the Society of Jesus publishes a number of award-winning journals and publications. Click below to access our latest issues.
National Jesuit News
Show all news
Our Lady of the Oaks Retreat House
Our Lady of the Oaks Retreat House, located in Grand Coteau, La., has provided a beautiful setting for retreats since 1938.