Social Justice
Corporate Advocacy

Latest news: Geo Proxy memo (click to view)

The primary purpose of the Jesuit Committee on Investment Responsibility (JCIR) is to advocate for and effect change in corporate behavior by coordinating shareholder advocacy initiatives at both the province and national levels. JCIR province representatives collaborate to identify economic justice priorities and to work together to promote corporate social responsibility consistent with just sustainability in the community, the environment, and the economy.

The JCIR works to expand awareness of socially responsible investment in Jesuit-related institutions; to organize and incorporate the resources of as many provinces as possible and to involve Jesuits in broad collaborative efforts with other members of the faith community committed to socially responsible investment.

Socially responsible investment (SRI) is, for Jesuits, the work of structural justice. It involves using the investment portfolios of the seven U.S. Jesuit provinces as well as the two Canada Jesuit provinces to influence corporate policy decisions that determine corporate operation in this country, and throughout the world. Jesuits also have the opportunity to make investments in places where traditional investment moneys do not flow, such as in community development loan funds which help develop the human capital, economic infrastructure and affordable housing stock in underserved, undercapitalized areas.

Jesuit Committee on Investment Responsibility (JCIR) Annual Reports


Annual Report - 2015

Annual Report - 2014


Annual Report - 2013


Annual Report - 2012

Annual Report - 2011

Annual Report - 2010

Annual Report - 2009

Annual Report - 2008





What We Do Corporate Advocacy Advocacy Priorities Ignatian Vision Investors and Money Jesuit SRI History Our Committee Overview and Mission Program Objectives Roots of SRI What You Can Do
Jesuit Conference Advocacy Office What Issues Do We Work On?


Our Lady of the Oaks Retreat House
Our Lady of the Oaks Retreat House, located in Grand Coteau, La., has provided a beautiful setting for retreats since 1938.