Profile Detail
Miller, William T.
Jesuit Father William T. Miller died on June 13, 2016. He was born in Camden, New Jersey, on July 4, 1941.
Miller, William T.

Died 13 June 2016

Jesuit Father William T. Miller died on June 13, 2016. He was born in Camden, New Jersey, on July 4, 1941. He graduated from Bishop Eustace High School in Pennsauken, New Jersey, and entered the Society of Jesus at the Novitiate of St. Isaac Jogues in Wernersville, Pennsylvania, in 1959. He received his bachelor’s degree from Loyola Seminary in Shrub Oak, New York, and his Master of Divinity from Woodstock College, New York.

He was ordained a priest on June 3, 1972, and went on to receive a master's in Hebrew from Catholic University and a Ph.D. in Old Testament Theology from the Union Theological Seminary in New York.

As a scholastic, Fr. Miller taught physics at St. Joseph’s Prep in Philadelphia, but following ordination, and having completed his studies in theology, began his many assignments teaching theology at Saint Louis University, Regis University in Denver and Gonzaga University in Spokane, Washington. In 1994, he began a 12-year tenure at the Mount Angel Abbey, a Benedictine monastery in Oregon where he served as a professor of Latin and Greek, taught Old Testament Scripture, and was formation director for nine years.

Fr. Miller came to Baltimore in 2008 where he taught theology and scripture at St. Mary’s Seminary before serving as professor of theology at Loyola University Maryland for four years. He remained active, leading lectures and discussions on scripture until his death.

Fr. Miller is survived by his sister, Ethel “Bernie” Miller.

Publications
Since St. Ignatius bought a printing press in 1556, the Jesuits have been involved in communications. Today the Society of Jesus publishes a number of award-winning journals and publications. Click below to access our latest issues.

America 10/14/19

America 9/30/19

America 9/16/19







Eastern Point Retreat House
Eastern Point Retreat House, a grand house located on the Atlantic shore in Gloucester, Mass., has been welcoming retreatants since 1958.